I came to yoga as most do, after an injury stemming from a car accident in 2009. I had already tried and exhausted all my other options (ie: massage, osteopathy, physical therapy, chiropractic) with no improvement in pain levels or function.
I ended up that night in that restorative yoga class as a last, desperate resort.
Let's just say it was a success, and I've never looked back!
Even over the next few years, whether it was the physical postures, the breathing techniques or meditation...yoga has helped me through some very tough times (pain, anxiety, frustration, anger, new health issues)....
and it continues to help me on a daily basis.
What styles of yoga have I studied in depth:
- Hatha 400/500 hours completed of YTT (Yoga Teacher Training).
- Restorative yoga.
- Chair yoga.
- Yoga Nidra
- Meditation (Vedic and Theravada Buddhism).
- Currently studying MBSR (Mindfull Based Stress Reduction).
What other holistic, energy, and healing modalities am I hoping to learn and explore more in the future?
- Vibrational energy and sound therapies (crystal bowls, tuning forks).
- Yin yoga.
- End of life midwifery.
- Harmonium, Sanskrit, mantras, chanting.
- Tantric yoga.